… of course the first thought for me is, ” the Root of All Evil!” When I read the first sentence of The Master Key – Part Twenty-Three about money “… weaves itself into the entire fabric of our very existence…” I thought, “Oh no, here we go again with a lecture about money.” yeah, yeah, yeah… “It’s everywhere and plentiful and easy to get.” yeah, yeah, yeah… NOT !
These are thoughts I grew up with. I could never really reconcile myself with having or making a lot of money when so many others don’t have it. I didn’t think I was worthy and I looked askance at those who had money. I told myself, “Money isn’t the important thing.”
Well, ready Part Twenty-Three was somehow comforting as well as exciting and full of possibilities!
- … that the law of success is service; that we get what we give
- … nothing of more practical value than our thought
- Perfection of Spiritual Power is the labor of life
- Desire is the attractive force; fear is the great obstacle (boy, don’t I know that!)
- Fear is poverty consciousness… (BAM! That hit me!)
- We make money by making friends … by being of service to them.
- … pleasure in the pursuit rather than the possession. (Ah, making sense!)
- … make money for other people… Great financiers are simply channels for the distribution of wealth
- The financier get much because he gives much; he thinks…
- Spirit … the reality underlying Thought.
- Spirituality … the only really and absolutely “practical” thing that there is!
- We are … spirit with a body
- Money is therefore of no value except to bring about the conditions which we desire, and these conditions are necessarily harmonious.
- … if the Infinite objected in the least to such a procedure the thing could never happen. The Infinite is quite able to take care of itself. (HA!)
… money is service … (YES!)
The theme for the week for me seemed to be foreshadowed in last week’s video, which I watched this week! … “not acting from desire or fear but self…” ~ Joseph Campbell
Wow! That says so much to me and can be applied across my life! How I have felt sooo good at those times when I was acting (being and doing) from deep within myself with no desire to impress anyone nor fear of being wrong.
Then reading “Self Reliance” by Ralph Waldo Emerson..
- But do your work and I shall know you. Do your work and you shall reinforce yourself.
- … self reliance must work a revolution in all the offices and relations of men.
- Discontent is the want of self reliance: it is infirmity of will.
- Our love goes out to him and embraces him because he did not need it.
- Insist on yourself; never imitate.
- That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.
- Every great man is a unique.
- Obey thy heart.
- Thy lot or portion of life…is seeking after thee, therefore be at rest from seeking after “it.”
- Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.
Then some of The Master Keys…
- If you wish to change conditions you must change yourself.
- … you constantly have in your possession the tools by which you will certainly and inevitably make or unmake yourself…
- … no one to blame but ourselves.
- … we will get exactly what we give, but we shall have to give it first.
And The Greatest Salesman…
- … I make my own weather, yea I transport it with me.
Of course the Requirements and Directions for this week:
- Be self directed…
- Are you becoming self directed?
- … it’s about becoming self directed.
- Self directed.
“… I make my own weather … I transport it with me.” Of course, The Master Key – Part Twenty-Two and Chapter Thirteen in The Greatest Salesman came at the perfect time! My weather forecast was dark and gloomy that day. Interestingly so, as I had just come from an inspiring Personal Development Event a couple days before. Guess I was/am on that emotional wheel or roller coaster ride that seems inevitable. But I am learning that I can create my own “inside” weather!
I had also never thought about the need for “… excreting the waste material” ~ that its accumulation was/is “… destructive activity…” and “… the cause of all disease.” Bye bye “… thoughts of fear, worry, care, anxiety, jealousy, hatred…”
Ah…would that it were so easy… But, why isn’t it?! Maybe it is! We know how to think and that “…every mental action is a vibration…” and that “Everything in the Universe is what it is by virtue of its rate of vibration.” “We are using this power every minute.” So why don’t we use it wisely all the time?! We know “Our world of power is within.”!!!
All this is making me more aware that I have choices and am creating each and every moment so am getting more practice which hopefully “makes perfect!”
Forecast: Blue Skies and Sunny!
Though Part Twenty-One seems to challenge and/or encourage us to think Big Thoughts, it is reassuring that our thoughts will produce creative energy which will wave into our life and environment. Ahhh, refreshing! It goes on to reassure us that “like attracts like” and all we need to do is think the thoughts we want, or change those we don’t.
Then it warns us that it’s “no easy matter to change the mental attitude, but by persistent effort it may be accomplished.” Okay. And then again encourages us to “aspire to the highest possible attainments…” and to “think of the ideal as an already accomplished fact.”
Then it talks about the “real battle of life is one of ideas; it is being fought by the few against the many…” Yikes! When was this written?! Seems very timely. It goes on for quite a few paragraphs,
- millions who seem to prefer precedent to progress
- looking backward instead of forward, who only see the world without, but know nothing of the world within
- sanction and force to arbitrary and unequal codes of law
- period of transition is evidenced by the unrest which is everywhere apparent
- existing order of things cannot much longer be.
But hope is eternal…
- recognize that all power is from within
- …Unity with the Universal principle … source of all health, all wealth, and all power.
- …concentrate on the Truth
- ever-available…unlimited opportunity for awakening the highest conception of Truth.
- …democracy of humanity!
I keep coming back to “Fear is the brick.” Guilt, Unworthiness, Anger and Hurt Feelings are mortar…” Then I remember that in Part Nineteen we learned “…the way to overcome fear is to become conscious of power.” Our thoughts are our power…”Thought necessarily precedes and predetermines action…” Bye bye Fear and the rest disappears!
- Thinking is the true business of life, power is the result.
- We must “be” before we can “do” and we can “do” only to the extent to which we “are,” … and what we are depends upon what we “think.”
So, we just need to think the “right” things! That seems so logical and simple! Sometimes it seems so easy. Why not all the time?! Why does subby keep sabotaging me? I know what to think…I know how to think…I know that what I am depends upon what I think. I think that by now I should be able to be, do and think (create) all good stuff! Hmmm…. I’ve got to think more about that!
Oh my gosh, Blah Blah Blah, I’m whining!!! I’m feeling Blah, and seeing it in and hearing it from others! Is that what I’m concentrating on and creating for myself? Doesn’t feel like I’m creating anything ~ Blah Blah Blah ~ more whining! And I don’t feel like making the effort to do anything! Effort, trying…and even Chapter 12 seemed to be about working harder…Blah Blah Blah…more whining!
“Fear is a powerful form of thought…” I’ve been in that paralysis before and told myself, never again! I’m learning that “the way to overcome fear is to become conscious of power.” Okay, makes sense, but how does one do that? (Especially when one feels Blah Blah Blah!)
- “…seek the truth…”
- “Mind is the real and the eternal.”
- “…if your thought is powerful, constructive and positive, this will be plainly evident in the state of your …environment…”
Oh my gosh, I thought I was a pretty positive person, Blah Blah Blah… What am I manifesting and why am I not manifesting what I want? Blah Blah Blah!
“…if we wish to change the form of manifestation we must change the polarity.” What does that mean? How do I know the polarity?! Blah Blah Blah…
What am I supposed to concentrate on specifically? Blah Blah Blah… What is “…the object of your (my) thought?!” (What am I pretending not to know?!)
- “…appearances are deceptive.” “
- ” …matter…in a state of perpetual flux.”
- “…modes of thought and action must be adjusted to rapidly increasing knowledge of the operation of eternal principles.”
I’m ready to be powerful … No more “trying” Yoda! Only “doing!”
I am powerful and open to “…a more abundant inflow of this vital energy and thus (to) express the highest possible degree of mental, moral and spiritual efficiency.”
Bye bye Fear!
Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it. ~ Roald Dahl
I always like the idea of creating “magic” ~ creating the moment! And now we know that we are! “Thought is the magic by which the human is transformed… Thought is the dynamic phase of the mind.” We are “in bondage to the law of their (our) own being.” We are powerful, but must use this power or lose it.
What we are interested in and put our attention to determines our capacity for knowledge and power and creates our environment and “reality.”
For quite a few years now I’ve had a quote on the wall in front of my computer that says: “Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I am tomorrow is where my mind puts me.” I knew somehow that was a powerful statement and am now understanding why.
And yet another quote next to that one is about Attention, that I’ve also had posted there for years! Some of the statements:
- Attention is not something that just happens.
- Your attention connects you to the world around you.
- Your attention is one of the most valuable things you have.
- Give it power, strength and focus, and with it you can bring forth great things.
There is no thought in my mind but it quickly tends to convert itself into a power and organizes a huge instrumentality of means. ~ Emerson