The theme for the week for me seemed to be foreshadowed in last week’s video, which I watched this week! … “not acting from desire or fear but self…” ~ Joseph Campbell
Wow! That says so much to me and can be applied across my life! How I have felt sooo good at those times when I was acting (being and doing) from deep within myself with no desire to impress anyone nor fear of being wrong.
Then reading “Self Reliance” by Ralph Waldo Emerson..
- But do your work and I shall know you. Do your work and you shall reinforce yourself.
- … self reliance must work a revolution in all the offices and relations of men.
- Discontent is the want of self reliance: it is infirmity of will.
- Our love goes out to him and embraces him because he did not need it.
- Insist on yourself; never imitate.
- That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.
- Every great man is a unique.
- Obey thy heart.
- Thy lot or portion of life…is seeking after thee, therefore be at rest from seeking after “it.”
- Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.
Then some of The Master Keys…
- If you wish to change conditions you must change yourself.
- … you constantly have in your possession the tools by which you will certainly and inevitably make or unmake yourself…
- … no one to blame but ourselves.
- … we will get exactly what we give, but we shall have to give it first.
And The Greatest Salesman…
- … I make my own weather, yea I transport it with me.
Of course the Requirements and Directions for this week:
- Be self directed…
- Are you becoming self directed?
- … it’s about becoming self directed.
- Self directed.