… of course the first thought for me is, ” the Root of All Evil!” When I read the first sentence of The Master Key – Part Twenty-Three about money “… weaves itself into the entire fabric of our very existence…” I thought, “Oh no, here we go again with a lecture about money.” yeah, yeah, yeah… “It’s everywhere and plentiful and easy to get.” yeah, yeah, yeah… NOT !
These are thoughts I grew up with. I could never really reconcile myself with having or making a lot of money when so many others don’t have it. I didn’t think I was worthy and I looked askance at those who had money. I told myself, “Money isn’t the important thing.”
Well, ready Part Twenty-Three was somehow comforting as well as exciting and full of possibilities!
- … that the law of success is service; that we get what we give
- … nothing of more practical value than our thought
- Perfection of Spiritual Power is the labor of life
- Desire is the attractive force; fear is the great obstacle (boy, don’t I know that!)
- Fear is poverty consciousness… (BAM! That hit me!)
- We make money by making friends … by being of service to them.
- … pleasure in the pursuit rather than the possession. (Ah, making sense!)
- … make money for other people… Great financiers are simply channels for the distribution of wealth
- The financier get much because he gives much; he thinks…
- Spirit … the reality underlying Thought.
- Spirituality … the only really and absolutely “practical” thing that there is!
- We are … spirit with a body
- Money is therefore of no value except to bring about the conditions which we desire, and these conditions are necessarily harmonious.
- … if the Infinite objected in the least to such a procedure the thing could never happen. The Infinite is quite able to take care of itself. (HA!)
… money is service … (YES!)